Earlier this month, we told you about a scam email that two of our clients received in December that alleged they had misused photos on their websites. This is just one of many misleading emails or outright scams out there. We will continue to share the ones we come across, but we thought this was a good opportunity to tell you about a service that can help train your employees not to fall victim to scammers.
In the case of the photography scam, we were fortunate that neither client clicked on the link embedded in the email. Most companies count on their employees to know enough to keep their systems safe; however, employees usually are not trained on what to look out for. We recommend training your employees to protect your company from cyber-attacks through phishing scams.
Firewalls and anti-malware software are critical to fighting off cybercriminals and their malicious attacks on your servers, but many employees might not recognize a phishing email or know not to click on an embedded link. One click and you could become the victim of a malware attack. Education on the subject is a must.
Phishing Training will help you…
- Improve Awareness – If an employee doesn’t know how to distinguish between a legitimate email from a trusted source versus a phishing email, your system could be compromised.
- Avoid Unplanned Costs – Cyberattacks are expensive. The bad players may be able to access your financials or charge you to get your data back and, in some cases, leave you open to a lawsuit if they access customer information.
- Ensure Compliance – It’s simple. When hackers have access to your secure data, you risk violating the law in addition to risking civil penalties or a lawsuit.
- Protect Your Reputation – No one wants to be that company in the news with the major data breach.
- Create a Team – Educating your employees allows them to work as a team that can recognize a phishing attack and report it before hackers have a chance to take advantage of your network.
For more information on computer safety training, please contact us. We’ll connect you with a service provider who can assist you with your specific company needs.