When you hear about an energy program, it can be overwhelming. There are so many to choose from, you need to be sure you’re comparing apples to apples. To start we recommend working with someone who can look at your bill from your energy provider to…
- Make sure you are paying what you should be
- Determine the best program for you
Note: The bill below is a United Illuminating sample, but the same information is provided on a bill from Eversource.
- The first thing you should be aware of is that as a manufacturer you should not be paying taxes on your energy bill. If you are, you are entitled to up to a 3 year refund.
- This highlights the energy generation or how much energy you use – this is something to keep an eye on as far as rates.
- This highlights the distribution costs or how fast you use the energy – this is an area that most programs focus on reducing.
- Finally, the Combined Public Benefits Charge is the fee you pay each month to fund the following programs, so you might as well take advantage of them – after all, you’re already paying for them.
Your Financial Benefit:
If one of our resources finds that you’re owed money, you will split the refund with them and continue to save going forward. If you are not owed any money, you’ll have peace of mind that you’re paying what you should and your only investment is the time it takes to find a few old bills.
Contact Us at 860-432-9977 to start saving today.