The following is a list of the products needed. Some of these need to be manufactured while others can be purchased and donated. (Thanks to Joe Brennan of CBIA for the list)
Most-Needed Items Include:
- Bleach cleaning wipes
- Digital thermometers and covers
- Disposable face shields
- Disposable gloves—sterile and non-sterile
- Disposable head covers/Caps
- Disinfection wipes and liquids
- General purpose hand cleansers
- Hand sanitizer
- Nasal swabs
- N95 respirator masks
- Powered air purifying respirators (PAPRs)
- Protective eyewear/goggles
- Protective gowns
- Surgical masks
Looking to DONATE items?
There are two ways to donate to local hospitals:
- To donate to a specific hospital in your area, please email CHA’s Brian Cournoyer, who will connect you with hospital staff.
- To donate to the general hospital fund in Connecticut, please follow this link: 211-Medical Supply Donations
For local charities, the governor has created the 4-CT Charitable Organization Uniting Donors With Connecticut Programs Responding to COVID-19
To donate to other charities, check out Charity Navigator for a list of opportunities.