“As manufacturers seek to fill 4.6 million high-skill, high-tech and high-paying jobs over the next decade, MFG Day empowers manufacturers to come together to address their collective challenges so they can help their communities and future generations.”
With October being manufacturing month, CTmrg decided to start our Manufacturers Workforce Summit Series this year in October. This series is not only FOR manufacturers but it’s also BY manufacturers. It will cover a broad range of workforce issues.
There are many other topics that concern manufacturers that won’t be covered in the summit. However, there are several companies and organizations that are stepping up during this new normal to provide useful content.
We would like to highlight some of those webinars…
ACM (Aerospace Components Manufacturers) offers seminars and workshops, and conducts shop level Kaizen’s at member companies utilizing the expertise of fellow members, local and world-class consultants.
- Recent webinar from ACM is available on demand
- Know Your Cybersecurity Requirements
CCAT (Connecticut Center for Advance Technology) has been providing free weekly webinars for manufacturers since early April when they offered a presentation on federal resources regarding the COVID-19 stimulus package.
- Online event coming up on Thursday, October 22, 12:00 – 1:00pm
- Access State Funds to Drive Manufacturing NOW!
- Cost: Free
- Learn how to access State funds to drive your manufacturing business now. These dollars came to Connecticut from the Federal CARES Act to help employers retain their talent. Don’t leave this money on the table! The application process is easy and the REV-Up! Connecticut Team can assist you every step of the way! Employer Wage Subsidies and Free Training until December 30, 2020 only.
Act Now! Hire CT’s laid off manufacturing workers. Learn more about REV-Up! Connecticut >
The updated list of CCAT webinars and links to their on-demand replay can be found here.
ManufactureCT (formerly New Haven Manufacturers Association) is a catalyst and collaborator for an effective and thriving manufacturing economy in the state of Connecticut.
- Online event coming up on Thursday, October 29, 10:00 – 11:00am
- Covid-19 Lessons for Supply Chain Strategy: Reshoring with Harry Moser
- Cost: Members $25.00 / Non-Members $50.00
- COVID-19 has revealed deadly shortages of medical products due to 90 to 95% dependence on imports, especially from China. Legislation has been introduced to reward or mandate reshoring.
SMA (Smaller Manufacturers Association) is committed to help CT manufacturers thrive and grow through communication, education, collaboration and advocacy. Their monthly programs offer insight to areas such as marketing, government, lean manufacturing and leadership.
- Online event coming up on Thursday, Friday, November 6, 1:00 – 3:00pm
- Webinar for State Mandated Sexual Harrassment
- Cost: Members $25.00 / Non-Members $45.00
- Join Carmody Law for a virtual webinar on the State of CT mandated Sexual Harassment training.
Certificate issued at completion of webinar. Webinar satisfies State of CT requirements
Preferred Utilities Manufacturing Corp. offers webinars every other Thursday for people looking to optimize plant operation or expand their controls and fuel handling systems knowledge. Previous webinars include: Fuel Oil System Equipment and Design Overview With Q&A.
- The next webinar from Preferred Utilities: October 22, 2:00pm
- Keep Your Equipment Safe from Cyber Security Threats
- Cost: Free
- October is Cyber Security Awareness Month. According to a study, there is a hacking attempt every 39 seconds. The average cost of a data breach in 2020 will exceed $150 million. Since COVID-19, the US FBI reported a 300% increase in reported cybercrimes. Our connected world allows for a pace of commerce and communication previously unimaginable. New innovations provide increased oversight and efficiency optimization to plant systems. Monitor your facility and equipment from anywhere without compromising the security of your operations.
The updated list of Preferred Utilities webinars and links to their on-demand replay can be found here.
We will continue to add events, webinars and updates as they become available. If you have an event or webinar you’d like us to include, please contact us and we’ll gladly review your request.