Events and Webinars for CT Manufacturers
Each week CTmrg highlights events and webinars presented by various organizations and associations we think Connecticut manufacturers would be interested in. Be sure to check back regularly.
We also highlight upcoming events each Monday on our LinkedIn company page.
Contact us if you have an event you'd like us to share.
Precision Metalforming Association (PMA) – MetalForming LIVE: Simulation of Progressive-Die Designs
July 20 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
3-Part Online Event | July 13, 20 and 27
This summer, the pages of MetalForming magazine come to life via a three-part online event: MetalForming LIVE. Tune in for free to hear MetalForming’s three expert columnists, Pete Ulintz, Danny Schaeffler, Ph.D., and Eren Billur, Ph.D, host 90-min. roundtable discussions on three topics of critical importance to metal formers. The topics: newer materials, progressive-die simulation and press-stroke optimization. They’ll be joined on the online stage by metal formers dispensing their expertise gleaned from extensive experience with the chosen topics. And, attendees can participate in lively Q&A discussions.
Part 2 of 3: July 20
Simulation of Progressive-Die Designs
Eren Billur introduces attendees to the development of simulation technology for progressive-die design, then leads a panel discussion on related issues of interest to metal formers and tolling professionals. Tune in to learn:
- When, why and where to use simulation technology
- The importance of verifying simulations and comparing them to real world results
- Why simulations results may be misinterpreted, how doing so can affect the stamping process, and how to avoid this situation
- Why simulations may fail—the difference between garbage-in-garbage-out (GIGO)
- and garbage-in-gospel-out
- The importance of understanding material properties when performing simulations.
Guest Panelist: Jeff Werkema, Simulation Manager, Die Cad Group