Events and Webinars for CT Manufacturers
Each week CTmrg highlights events and webinars presented by various organizations and associations we think Connecticut manufacturers would be interested in. Be sure to check back regularly.
We also highlight upcoming events each Monday on our LinkedIn company page.
Contact us if you have an event you'd like us to share.
- This event has passed.
CBIA: Unlocking Japanese FDI & Trade Opportunities – CBIA Leadership Essentials
February 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
How can Connecticut companies connect and best leverage Japanese direct investment and trade opportunities?
Japan is the largest foreign direct investor in the U.S., playing a major economic role through capital investments, employment, increased U.S. merchandise exports, and R&D spending.
Japanese total direct investment in the U.S. reached a record $679B in 2020—including $310B in the manufacturing sector—and is responsible for almost one million American jobs.
In addition, Japan is the U.S.’s fourth largest trading partner and one of Connecticut’s top 10 export destinations, with $405M in goods shipped in 2021.
Learn more in this 60-minute, interactive webinar featuring a range of speakers including:
- Kotaro Suzuki, Consul General of Japan in Boston
- Kenichi Kawamoto, President, Japan External Trade Organization New York
- Daiki Nakajima, Director, Business Development, JETRO New York
- Melissa Grosso, Director, U.S. Commercial Services (Connecticut Office)
- Moderator: Jennifer Driscoll, Counsel, Robinson + Cole